Auto Air Conditioning Service
Air Conditioning Service at Townsend Nissan
The summer heat in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, can be brutal. When a car’s air conditioning system is not functioning properly, driving around town or on long trips is downright awful. Fortunately, the expert technicians in the Townsend Nissan service center can provide exceptional auto air conditioning maintenance and repair so motorists can stay cool and comfortable on the road.
Common Auto Air Conditioner Issues
There is not one single cause of a faulty auto air conditioner. In fact, the technicians at Townshend Nissan have several items they look at when they check a system. Here are a few possible problems that could prevent a car from cooling properly.
- Refrigerant Leak. An air conditioning system needs refrigerants to cool the air. If it runs low on refrigerant, there could be a leak in a hose, connector, or elsewhere. Air Compressor Failure. Refrigerants must be compressed and circulated throughout the system. When the compressor breaks down, the A/C fails.
- Blower Motor Issues. A vehicle’s blower pushes cool air into the cabin. If it experiences a motor failure, worn-out bearings, or electrical problems, the A/C will malfunction. Clogged or Dirty Condenser. A condenser releases heat that is absorbed by the system’s refrigerant. It should remain clean for the air conditioner to do its job.
- Faulty Thermostat. The thermostat regulates the temperature in the car, and when it goes bad, the system can get inaccurate temperature readings, inconsistent cooling, and other problems.
- Electrical Issues. When a car has blown fuses, damaged wiring, or faulty sensors, it can result in air conditioning issues.
- Expansion Valve or Orifice Tube Clogs. Modern vehicles employ either an expansion valve or an orifice tube to control the flow of refrigerant into the system’s evaporator. If the valve or tube becomes clogged or malfunctions in any way, the A/C will fail.
Schedule Auto Air Conditioning Service at Townsend Nissan
Car, truck, and SUV owners who are having trouble with their vehicle’s air conditioning system should reach out to the highly-skilled technicians at Townsend Nissan in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. They can discover what the problem is and make any necessary repairs to get drivers comfortable again. In addition, the service center can handle all sorts of maintenance and repair issues, such as oil changes, brake inspections, tire rotations, and much more. Customers can schedule an appointment or visit the dealership at 2620 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 35405.